Monday, April 12, 2010

Sashiko Information . . .


I am leaving for home tomorrow . . . and will have some things to post later this week . . .

while I was here in California I found a shop that had a lot of Sashiko materials . . . and books . . . and a really nice woman who talked with me for almost an hour about Sashiko . . . it was a wonderful find . . . of course I spent almost my entire quilt shopping budget from my trip here . . . and will definitely be going back to this shop on my next trip . . .

this is the book I bought . . . it is japanese applique and sashiko by machine .  . neither of which I am doing . . . but it has lots of great ideas in it !! . . . the woman at the quilt shop told me about 2 great books . . . neither of which she has been able to keep in stock . . . so I was not able to get them . . . but I will be ordering them as soon as I get home . . . more on these later . . .

a few people have asked for Sashiko information  . . . so here is what I have . . .

the woman who teaches Sashiko in my area is Miho Takeuchi . . . this is her website . . . http://www.designbyaika.com/

here you can find all kinds of great info . . . including reading her blog and signing up for her email newsletter and purchasing materials . . . I have not taken a class from her yet but I have met her and seen her work . . . it's beautiful . . . I will be taking a class from her soon . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8xbrUg6rZk --- here is a video Miho has on YouTube . . . the instruction is terrific . . . these instructions have been really helpful to me in trying to teach Sashiko to myself . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment