Saturday, April 24, 2010

"Me & My Sister Favorites" . . .

when I went to California I took a charm pack of "Me and My Sister Favorites" from Moda with me to show my granddaughter . . . I wanted to see if she liked them . . . because her 5th birthday is coming . . . and she recently got her "big girl" bed . . . and as she recently reminded me . . . I promised a new quilt when these 2 events happened !!


so I had found these terrific bright fabrics . . . because she had also told me "make it bright, Gran" . . .

anyway . . . I think she is going to be a quilter . . . she spread them all out . . . looked them over really good . . . kept feeling them . . . over and over . . . and she LOVED them !!

so now I had to find them in a bigger size than charm packs . . . I really needed 2 layer cakes to use the new Twister Tool . . . because I wanted to make a pinwheel quilt using this tool . . . you can check it out here . . . http://www.country-schoolhouse.com/twister_tool.htm . . . there are 2 sizes . . . one for charm packs and one for layer cakes . . .

this is a quilt that they have hanging at The Quilted Crow http://www.thequiltedcrow.com/that was made using the Twister Tool . . . the Quilted Crow also has a great video on using this tool on Facebook . . .


so . . . I searched everywhere . . . called everywhere . . . and finally went to the Moda site and found out that this fabric line was NEVER made in layer cakes . . . grrrrrrrrrrrr . . . so now the search began all over again . . . looking for fat quarters . . . I finally found a bundle and it just arrived . . .


I love the colors . . . it's going to be a really fun quilt . . . think I will press the fabrics today and get my layer cakes cut out . . . !!

No comments:

Post a Comment