my sister-in-law, Sandy, came over for the afternoon on Saturday and we worked on our blocks for the BOM for Quilter's Way . . . the 2 top ones were our homework for this month . . . the 2 bottom ones are from last month . . . it's sort of a mystery sampler . . . and somehow the blocks with the big half-square triangles are going to form the center of the quilt . . . each one is going to be appliqued but we haven't seen the design yet . . .
on Sunday . . . I cut all the strips for the 9-patches for "Birdseye" . . . and managed to make 31 of the 121 needed . . . they came out really good . . . and it was kind of fun and relaxing . . .
I also did some EPP . . . made 18 more blocks for my Batik quilt . . . I now have 66 blocks done . . . about 104 needed in total for this quilt . . . I think . . . I might decide to add more depending if it comes out the size I am hoping it will . . . I hope to have all my blocks made before we go to Truro next month for our relaxing long weekend sitting by the ocean . . . I would like to be sewing these blocks together while I sit on the deck and listen to the waves . . . and maybe come home with my quilt just about finished . . .
so that was my weekend . . . and I DID NOT START ANYTHING NEW!! . . . but I CAN check some things off that list I made last week . . . yeah ! ! !
I had yesterday off and had planned to sew again all day . . . but I have to say . . . it was NOT calling me . . . maybe because of the previous 2 days of sewing so much . . .