Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Love This Fabric ! !

when we were in California we went to Gold Rush country . . . my husband wanted to go to the Gold Rush museum . . . when we drove through the little town of Auburn . . . I noticed a quilt shop . . . of course . . . it was called "Cabin Fever Quilts" . . . it was a lovely shop with a really nice lady owner . . . the only sad thing is . . . it is going out of business . . . she is retiring . . . BUT they were having a huge clearance sale . . .


I was lucky enough to find these fabrics . . . "Mocha Meringue by Michele D'Amore" for Marcus Fabrics . . . I found three 1/2 yard cuts of the brown and beige . . . 4 fat quarters of the same prints plus a tan small print and a gray small print . . . that was all she had . . . except she did have the gray small print in yardage . . . so I got a yard of that . . . I think I have enough to make something . . . not sure what yet . . . the brown and tan have really large flower prints and I would like to preserve those . . .


any ideas out there ??

1 comment:

Linda said...

I love BQ2 for large prints. It uses a 12 1/2" square which truly shows off lovely prints. Check out mapleislandquilts.com for the pattern!
Lurking Linda

Post a Comment