Monday, March 22, 2010

I'm Liking Sashiko . . .

so . . . I tried the Sashiko on my own . . . and I was doing pretty well . . . but then I found a video online and the instructions were so good . . . so I changed how I was holding the needle and feeding the fabric . . . and wow . . . what a difference . . .

I'm sure if I took a class I would learn a lot of new tricks . . . and that's my plan . . . just as soon as I have some free time . . . LOL . . .

here is the 1st one finished . . . well the Sashiko is finished . . . now I have to decide what to do with the piece . . .


I went back to the shop and bought a few more pieces to work on . . . we'll be going to California soon and I will need things to work on during the flights etc . . . here is the one I'm working on now . . . I fell in love with the lime green thread . . . unfortunately it doesn't show in this photo . . .

2 comments:

Patty Nordahl said...

I too have been wanting to try Sashiko. Can you tell me where on line you found the video.
Have a wonderful trip and enjoy all that good familt time.
Thank
Patty Nordahl\plnebooks@yahoo.com

natalie jo said...

These are beautiful and look to be just as much fun as the paper piecing!

Post a Comment