Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Few New Things . . .

well I've been busy with a few new things . . . I can't seem to ever just do ONE THING at a time !!

I've been wanting to take a Sashiko class . . . over the weekend I was out with a friend at one of our favorite quilt shops . . . and they had a Sashiko class going on . . . that did it . . . I bought a kit and decided to try to teach myself . . . I'm sure there are probably some tricks I could learn in a class . . . but for now I think I'm doing ok with it . . . I love the look . . . and it's fun to do . . .


I also decided to start an English Paper Pieced Christmas quilt . . . so I got out my leftovers from the Xmas stockings and started to make some tumbling blocks . . . I think this quilt is going to be beautiful . . . and it's fun to work on too . . .


and then . . . of course . . . Easter is coming . . . so I had to start Easter placemats for my granddaughters . . . the tops are both pieced . . . now I just need to quilt them . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment