Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cultural Day at School . . .



at the end of the month my granddaughters will be celebrating "cultural day" at school . . . their mother is a descendant of the Fulani people of Nigeria . . . so we did some research on the Fulani clothing colors and designs . . . and I went shopping in my stash for fabric to make them each a little outfit to wear . . .
'
at first I chose the fabric in the 3rd photo . . . but my son thought it looked more Indian than African . . . so then I went STORE shopping . . . and found the fabric that is in the 2nd photo . . . looks like we're going with that one . . .
'
I'm going to make them each a little tunic with a wrap tie for around the waist . . . and possibly a kerchief to tie on their heads in the back . . . it depends if their parents decide to buy them the Fulani straw hats we found in the 1st photo . . . I'm voting for the hats !!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Take lots of pictures! What a wonderful event.

Post a Comment