Friday, November 20, 2009

Christmas Stockings - Step 2



First, let me say thank you to everyone who has been praying for my Mom . . . I am guardedly saying she is doing better . . . she has had 4 good days in a row . . . and we're hoping it will continue . . .
'
Some of the feeling on her right side has come back a little . . . and she is able to say a word here and there now . . . her mind seems to have cleared considerably . . . the doctors are saying they think she is on the right track now . . . but we're all still praying and keeping our fingers crossed that she will not have anymore setbacks . . .
'
we know we're looking at several months of rehab if she can just continue the way she has the last few days . . . so please keep praying . . . we need all the help we can get . . .
'
now the stockings . . . my nerves are finally not as bad as they have been the last 6 weeks . . . so I'm trying to get back to some sewing . . . this is the 2nd step for the stockings . . . I've traced the outline of the stocking onto the EPP piece . . . cut it out . . . and ironed it onto a piece of iron on batting . . . now I need to quilt them all before I sew them to the backings, make the linings, and add the cuffs . . .
'
so far I have 9 large ones to do . . . and 4 small ones . . . and I really want to make at least 3 more large ones . . .
'
stay tuned !

1 comment:

Sandy said...

You know, you probably don't have to quilt them because you used the iron-on batting. I quilted mine to hold them together. You can save a lot of time by NOT quilting them - of course, if you really want to!

Sandy

Post a Comment