Monday, July 13, 2009

Finally Made My Decision !!




I have been trying to decide on a layout for my English Paper Piecing quilt that I'm working on . . . it's a Grandmother's Flower Garden . . . that I plan to call "Night Garden" . . . I'm using batiks . . . and the path is a black with copper water marks . . . almost looks like raindrops at night . . .

I've been trying to decide between the single ring or double ring design . . . and I finally decided to use the single ring . . . even though most of my friends said they liked the double better . . .

in the double ring . . . I was afraid the blue would over power the other colors . . . plus the dips on the sides and the top and bottom are so huge . . . and I didn't want to have to cut blocks in half to fill them in . . . I really don't like that look as much . . .

in the single ring . . . I think the flowers are more dramatic . . . the dips are only one row . . . and I was thinking I would put a row around the entire quilt that looks like a pebble path and use that to fill in the small dips . . . then use the same fabric for my borders . . .

anyway . . . here are the photos . . . the top one is the one I'm doing . . . with a close up in the 2nd photo . . . the 3rd photo is OUT . . . I've already taken the blocks all apart and re-basted them . . . so NO turning back now !!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

That is going to be so pretty when you finish it. How big will it be?

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

It's just beautiful; I think the black is a good choice!

Deb said...

I like the black. Just started my first one and am already thinking to the end. How do you finish yours, bias binding going around each one or something else?

Melvin said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
___________________
Melvin
Email Marketing Solutions

Post a Comment