Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year . . .


wow . . . here we are at the beginning of another new year . . .

I began reading "The Shack" just before Christmas . . . and I have just finished it . . . it is such a fabulous book . . . that I am going to begin re-reading it immediately . . . this time with a highlighter in my hand ! !

it is one of the most meaningful books I have read in a really long time . . . in fact . . . because of this book I have chosen the word "Papa" for my word for 2009 . . .

I can't tell you why . . . because if you haven't read the book yet it would ruin it for you . . . and if you have read it . . . well then . . . you totally understand . . .

the idea of choosing a word for the year came from my daughter-in-law, Isis . . . and it's a fabulous idea . . .

Isis explains it on her blog like this . . . "this idea of choosing a word for the year. a word that not sums up the year you've just had, but on the contrary, helps shape and define the year ahead, a word that focuses your attention and sets your intention throughout the year" . . .

I love the idea . . . and when I read about it on her blog . . . the first word that popped into my head was "Papa" . . . you just have to read the book ! ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment